Tools

Loss the weight without hurt feeling. Login/Join

Gold
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by dancingkid:
quote:
Originally posted by tanechka:
What Dancingkid says about Bill Irvin and other champions may be right but you have to become champion first. Bye Bye

Your logic is flawed. It takes a life time hard work to be a champion and only few people become champions. You have to enjoy dancing even though you partner has ill-matched heights and weights.

===============================================

Besides that, it takes a lots of other conditions!

==============================================
Silver
quote:
Please don't try to get hung up by the rules, like Egoist is obssessed to. Rules are there to be broken. Champions break rules all the time. Champions always prove that they can do what other people say can't be done. Spin out of the old molds and open new horizon. Bill Irvine and Gleeve had taller lady partners but they formed some of the most spectacularly successful dance partnerships in history with their respective lady partners.

I'm just citing what I have read here and I'm not get hung up by the rule. I know the rules also I understand there could be exceptions to the rule. I rememer seeing a picture of Bill and Bobbie's dancing picture and it seems they are almost the same height when Bobbie is in heels. I don't think she is much taller than him.

quote:
Ill matched heights and weights are not insuperable problems as long as there is a good chemistry, but ill matched chemistry is an insuperable problem even if the heights and weights are perfectly matched.

This makes sense. I agree.

quote:
If the lady is too tall she can bend her knees a little more and lean backward more to accomodate her shorter partner.

She can only do this to certain extent. If she is toooo tall for him, it is basically quite impossible to dance and doesn't look good either. Also bent knee can cause losing swing and sway. leaning too much backward is also not a correct posture. Of course, it depends on the couple, each couple have different height and built. A good coach will make adjustment for them.

Silver
quote:
The lenghth of legs - this is very important for standard. Trust my experience - when the lady has short legs and gentleman has to carry her on his knee when he steps forward - it is very tiring. Your leg will be dead just after one dance.

This is so right! Actually what you've said above suppourt what I mentioned in my early post-height & weight are important - I've seen a pro-am lady dancing with a teacher much taller than her and it doesn't look good at all. She was hanging at his knee and they just don't look match. I'm not batching pro-am here. She is a good dancer and there are other pro-am teachers with similar credential and better height match for her. I'm sure she could do better with a teacher that matches her height wise. I'm wondering is he is tired during comps too. Also she is a good dancer and she moves, her steps can't be as big as his, so he can't swing freely.
Gold
Pro-Am? you talking about kind of the business of America entertainment industry markets, you have a lots of choise, money talks, Pro needs money just like every body else, must of them can't choice their student plus has to compliment them to get or keeping the customer students, when you walk into a small boutique shop, the owner or the salesperson who is basic on commissions, they give you compliment almost on every dress you try on, right?

OK! I got to take a shower before go to the airport, I'm remember all your suggestions and sure will make things very smooth, you guys hanging there, I will be back tonight report to you.

I would give her the compliment instead to flatter her. Wink

Silver
THREE LEGS! Please come back dear friend.I am sure that everybody misses you - your soft nature, your sweet sense of humour, don't pay attention on the nasty notes. It is so interesting to talk to you about yours Tango. I know that they regret that you left. Smiler
PreBronze
Picture of Telemark
Hello! Dear tanechka, I'm back

Three legs