danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  danceScape SkyhiClub Lounge: Welcome to the Skyhi Life!  Hop To Forums  WELLNESS    Injuries! What ones have plagued your dance career?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Injuries! What ones have plagued your dance career? Login/Join

PreBronze
Picture of Monika
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Ohhh dance injuries. I read something in an article somewhere that said that the injury rate in dancers is somewhere between 75 and 100%- So basicly if you're a dancer, chances are you've been injured before, OR you WILL BE very soon. And this really sucks, and something needs to be done about it.

The injuries I'm dealing with are chronic low back pain, knee pain, neck pain, shoulder impingement, hamstring strain and ischial bursitis.

All of these could have been prevented if I had done intelligent things like warm up properly, pay attention to my body, rest when necessary, etc etc.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys are dealing with, how it happened, and how you dealt/are dealing with it.

Injury prevention is a huge passion of mine, so please share your story so we can all learn from each other's mistakes!
PreBronze
Picture of Anne Fletcher
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I think Injuries and disappointments are the biggest part of life and we don’t get impacted that on life.