forums.danceScape.com
Weight Loss support group

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.dancescape.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/171106172/m/292105772

10-10-2003, 01:18 AM
tasche
Weight Loss support group
I just want to point out inthe hopes it will boost someones spirits. As having worked backsatge on quite a few fashion shows I have to point out that alot of these models have the worst skin you've ever seen as runway models are generally expected to be skinnier thatn print models. They want them to look as close to a clothes hanger as possible as the clothes end up being sold on hangers. Alot of ppl lose sight of that and forget that this is not the way ppl should look. Dressing them is weird as your pulling the clothes on and off and smoothing the wrinkles off its weird to feel bones sticking out instead of flesh and muscle. It creeps me out when they hug me

Of course some do and look fab but thats bc thats the right way for them to be. Also is scary is tht I've seen drugs been pushed onto these poor girls to make them look meanier and have more attitude on the runway.

tash
10-10-2003, 12:44 PM
DanceAm
I know she was thinner when she was younger, but this is how I remember Miss Monroe. She was sexy incarnate. A few years older, a few pounds heavier, no matter, she was it.

Queen Latifa does not think of herself as heavy, she considers herself sexy, and self image must go a long way to what other people consider you to be.
10-10-2003, 12:45 PM
just-started
Quote:

This is fully off topic, but I have been wondering about it. Runway model skinny is in right? And large breasts are also very popular. But have you ever seen a runway model with large breasts? I just don't get it, it seems like such a contradiction.

Ha, Dolly Parton came to my mind when I read this. Just saw her on Jay Leno last night. She's not a runaway model, but I think she fits into 'skinny but large breasts'. I mean her legs are quite skinny and it looks dispropotional to me. Going back to the theory of 'right ratio', having both features actually does not look good. IMHO.

10-10-2003, 01:37 PM
DanceAm
If Dolly's figure were proportionate, she couldn't find a chair to sit in.
10-12-2003, 10:38 PM
quickquickslow
Methinks I ought to start " the skinny people support group." As to men preferring sticks, dunno about that. They like all kinds, I think. All women are simply beautiful creatures, be they curvy or stick like, short or tall, smart or dumb, well, er, no, sorry but the dumb ones are the exception to all women are beautiful rule.
10-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Joe
Women with ears of corn, women without, it's all good.
10-20-2003, 12:54 PM
twnkltoz
Wow, I haven't been here in a long time. Great to see that this is still going! I can't even catch up on all the posts. I haven't been dieting for the last couple of months or so. My husband's doctor put him on Atkins as he is now diabetic. A friend of mine, who was my Body For Life coach, suggested Fat Flush. Has anyone tried that?
10-20-2003, 01:29 PM
DanceAm
Is that the pill you take that makes your bowels expel all fat that you eat? I have heard with that treatment that if you eat a lot of fat one day, don't plan on going anywhere the next day. Or is it a different type of "Flushing the fat away"?
10-20-2003, 02:37 PM
twnkltoz
Not a pill, a way of eating. I believe there are supplements that you can get to aid in the process, but it mainly involves drinking cranberry juice every day and eating good fats and carbs instead of bad ones. That's about all I know about it.
10-20-2003, 04:45 PM
DanceAm
Well, another 5 lbs gone. Even better, people have really noticed a difference. To get the last 5 off, I no longer ate after dinner. For activity, my wife and I practice dancing, but we don't do the practice heats like we used to. Pounding the heats over and over we found we were not working on our weak areas and actually hurting our knees and feet. Slowing that down helped our dance, but the activity level went down, so I started 5 days a week on a cross trainer (up from 3). I can really do that and free weights and I don't have any muscle or joint aches and my endurance is improving at a fast rate because I can maintain higher RPM's for the 20 min workout.

I think this was a 2 year process, first changing the really bad eating habits and inactivity. Then instituting minor changes of better eating and more activity over time. I would say this process falls under "Behavior Modification". Real dieting feels like a punshment and the body reacts negitively to it, but this way my mind and my body ease into a new state of comfort, not slammed into torture.

My comments on this thread started out saying that I was happy where I was, then a coach said to be a better dancer I had to lose more, then I simply moved my regimen up a knotch. I thought to lose more I would have to do something drastic, but it was just a little bit more.