Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are all the talented dancers partnerless? Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Without going into details as to which studio I am affiliated with.....I find it a crying shame that one of the freelance teachers who rents the floor at my studio is without a partner.

I will say that this talented dancer's name is:

Dimitri Iliouchenov

He teaches in Toronto and was once the Canadian Amateur Latin Champion.

I am sorry if I have stepped out of my 'bounds', but I feel that talent like his should never go to waste.
Championship
Picture of Joe
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
What do you want us to do about it?

Silver
Did you ask his permission to write about this? Are you sure you make him happy and your interference is tactful?
Let him decide about his personal business by himself.
Gold
quote:
Originally posted by Joe:
What do you want us to do about it?

Let's us ask Dacingkid, he must has some good ideal for this Non-dancing studio- owner;
I only support the dancer.

PreChampionship
if he's looking for a partner, can't he advertise himself? Good luck to him eitherway
PreChampionship
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy:
if he's looking for a partner, can't he advertise himself? Good luck to him eitherway

He can advertise himself, of course. Others can help him, too, thru match making. We utilize all the resources available to us from all corners of the world. Such a process can cut down the time and effort dramatically. After all, almost every thing in life happens thru random processes. The more exposure you have the higher chances of success. Match making is a fufilling and unselfish kindness. I wish others try to help me but they don't because of my stinking, "I don't need help" macho attitude temperament. So let us help him when we can.

Silver
If he needs your help.
Silver
So let us help him when we can.[/QUOTE]

Look up in results of Ohio Star Ball - professional international latin - he has a partner, and she is pro too.

PreBronze
quote:
Originally posted by tanechka:
So let us help him when we can.

Look up in results of Ohio Star Ball - professional international latin - he has a partner, and she is pro too.[/QUOTE]

........Unfortunately they split.

You are all probably right, if he wanted to find a partner, I am sure he is doing everything possible.

You just have to understand that in this country doing 'everything possible' sometimes is not enough.

As I said b4, I apologize if I am stepping out of my bounds but I just wanted to give him a bit of a helping hand.
Gold
Picture of DancingJools
You're not stepping out of bounds. Friends and colleagues are often on the lookout for a partner that suits their friend. And even in large metropolitan areas, it is very tough to find the right partner. I can easily list a number of well-known pros who spent a long time looking for a partner, and/or are still actively looking for a partner. I once asked such a pro why he remains partnerless, and he explained that finding the "right" partner is very difficult (and he's in New York!! And he's well-connected and knows lots and lots of great female dancers). "Right" means, among other things, compatible personalities, which is very difficult if you think of the stresses and ego-issues of practicing and competing. It is also a business partnership, so there needs to be a clear understanding and agreement on the goals of the partnership and the ability of each partner to contribute (time and energy and money). You need to have compatible professional goals, e.g. will the couple be reaching to place in the Rising Star category, as part of creating a career in teaching, or does he/she have dreams and possibly a reasonable expectation of some day gaining a significant title? Then, of course, you need the right "look" (height, preferably, and body type). You need a compatible style of dancing, and probably a thousand other things I cannot even begin to imagine.
I have heard the saying, in amateur circles, that it is easier to find the right spouse than the right partner. I imagine it is a lot more so if you are a pro.