New
Find
Notify
Tools

MJ, Swing, R 'n' R Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
H Smiler

I love Modern Jive, Swing and Rock 'n' Roll and I was wondering if anyone else on this forum loved these styles too.

Thanks!

Lily
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Do you still do anything with Modern Jive? Modern Jive Mania doesn't exist. Modern Jive US doesn't exist. Cerocwiki doesn't exist. I really miss Modern Jive. Ir is easy to learn, and it provides a way to do partner dancing to rock music. For several years there were Modern Jive dances and classes in New York, but they ended several years ago. The most recent locations were St. Jean Baptiste Church then Empire Dance Studios (which has closed). There was even a Yahoo group. Attendance was very big about 10 years ago but declined, especially after it moved to Empire. If there were someone to teach and run it, I think we could get people to come. One problem may be the cost of renting space. I don't know of any dance school that teaches it.

If you are interested in dance schools, check Dance Manhattan (free Guest Night once a month) and You Should Be Dancing. It is possible to dance Modern Jive at Dance Manhattan's Guest Night. Maybe those of us who are interested can meet there.