Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belly Dancing Login/Join

PreChampionship
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
So, I recently started belly dancing for the first time--what fun! A local school (very traditional egyptian) sent a teacher to my gym for a 3-week course. I'm so excited that I'm starting classes at their school next week, and I already bought some zills and stuff! [Smile]

Anyone else into belly dancing?
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I dont think there is anywhere local that would have done belly dancing it's not very common where i live.

PreBronze
I have never done belly dancing before but it looks so much fun and after reading your messages Im going to look for classes in my area.
PreBronze
Hi there, Yes, I got into belly dancing about six weeks ago, and am amazed at how popular the classes are here in NY! I've been to two different places, and at each one there are so many women squeezed in the room it is unbelievable. One of the places has a waiting area, and that is usually filled with guys curious to see what it is all about. I have become enchanted with this particular style of dance, it makes you feel like a woman for sure! And in the six weeks since I've started, I lost an inch on my waist and hips. Now that's something worth shimmying for!