Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EMBASSY BALL Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Results, comments, impressions ... all would be appreciated from someone sitting far away. thanks.
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Again, any results would be great!!
I read elsewhere that results would not be posted by my usual (and favorite)source because dancebeat was doing it, I understand not wanting to step on any toes, --however, I can't find any results listed by dancebeat!!

This is the usual frustration--I hear so frequently the discussion how do we increase interest in dancesport, and yet the simplist way possible (widely disseminating interesting information about dancesport) is so often ignored!!

PreBronze
Dancebeat International is showing live streaming of Embassy. Unfortunately, it makes for a very late night (or, more accurately, very early morning) for those of us on the east coast. Last night finished close to 2 am PST - 5 am for me! With the IDSF finals run as several heats of 2 couples, I decided to skip most of the Latin final last night and take a nap before the final of the Pro Standard. Even then, I didn't wake up until the Viennese Waltz.

Here are some results from what I remember. I'm really bad at names, so forgive the omissions and incorrect spellings!

Pro Rhythm
1. Tony & Inna
2. Brian Jolly & Kristina
3. Emanuel & new partner
4. Felipe & Carolina
5. Jesse ? & Jackie Josephs
6. Bree Watson & partner

IDSF Latin (I copied this from another forum since I'm just not familiar with the names)
1. Ricardo Cocchi/Joanne Wilkinson (Italy)
2. Klaus Kongsdal/Victoria (Denmark)
3. Eugene Katsevman/Maria Manusova (USA)
4. Stefano & Annalisa Di Filippo (Italy)
5. Evgeni Smagin/Rachel Heron (England)
6. Maurizio Vescovo/Melinda (Hungary)

Pro Standard
1. Jonanthan & Katusha
2. Victor & Anna
3. Alessandro & Ieva (commentators Nina Marks & Gary McDonald said this was their first competition)
4. Erminio & Lienne
5. an Italian couple (Fabrizio & Lorena???)
6. Igor & Julia

Ealier Saturday, David Oliveri with Diana McDonald won the World Pro/Am Latin A Championship. George (Guzzman?) with Olga Kinnard won the Latin B, and a woman from Austrialia dancing with Paul Green won the Latin C.

I forgot to watch Thursday, so I have no results. Friday evening they showed the IDSF Standard Championship, but I was having trouble with the feed. No Americans in the final from what I remember.
PreBronze
Thanks for the results! That's pretty low for Felipe and Carolina Confused But, I have heard that Emanuel's new partner is absolutely incredible. What about Pro Latin results? does anyone have those? Thanks!

PreBronze
GrandSlam amateur Standard and Latin results are all on the IDSF website - spaeker.de -

I do not think this site is considered commercial
PreChampionship
quote:
Originally posted by npgirl:

Pro Standard
1. Jonanthan & Katusha
2. Victor & Anna
3. Alessandro & Ieva (commentators Nina Marks & Gary McDonald said this was their first competition)
4. Erminio & Lienne
5. an Italian couple (Fabrizio & Lorena???)
6. Igor & Julia
Great showing of Ieva's new team! Future looks very promising. Don't you agree? Isn't it a little low for Igor/Julia. They were First in Empire State and Capital.

PreBronze
Hi lem,
Sorry we didn't post any results from this comp. Dancebeat were hired to provide information from the comp and we really did not want to steal their thunder. The product they have provided has been really great and maybe next year they will also put up a result service which doesn't just include streaming video. I have just arrived back in Boston, having spent four very enjoyable days in Irvine. The atmosphere for the Pro/Am on Saturday was excellent and Saturday night was totally sold out. SuperShag was very happy that the couple they sponsor Evgeny Smagin and Rachael Heron, finished fifth in the Amateur Grand Slam Latin event. I also thought that Ieva and her new Italian partner looked really good in the Pro Standard. They were announced from New York, so it looks as if they are going to represent the USA. This is really great for Ballroom dancing over here.
I can't wait to find out what happens in the Pro-Latin tonight but as I am knackered I am going to have to go to bed.

Cheers,
Chris
PreBronze
Congratulations to Craig and Katya for making the 24 in the IDSF Grand Slam Amateur International Ballroom, the highest US couple.

PreBronze
Congratulations to Craig and Katya. I was even able to see them dance on the webcast. They are such an attractive young couple.

Alex and Larissa the older couple from Canada were also very visible on the video and placed well up in the quarter final. They looked excellent on streaming video also.

Heard rumors video and still pictures were very restricted at this competition but it was nice to catch a glimpse of the Embassy on the web.

I think I heard on the interview with Gary McD that they feel they need a larger location next year to accommodate more spectators. Good news for Ballroom popularity!
PreBronze
quote:
Originally posted by chrisjohnston:
Hi lem,
Sorry we didn't post any results from this comp. Dancebeat were hired to provide information from the comp and we really did not want to steal their thunder. The product they have provided has been really great and maybe next year they will also put up a result service which doesn't just include streaming video. I have just arrived back in Boston, having spent four very enjoyable days in Irvine. The atmosphere for the Pro/Am on Saturday was excellent and Saturday night was totally sold out. SuperShag was very happy that the couple they sponsor Evgeny Smagin and Rachael Heron, finished fifth in the Amateur Grand Slam Latin event. I also thought that Ieva and her new Italian partner looked really good in the Pro Standard. They were announced from New York, so it looks as if they are going to represent the USA. This is really great for Ballroom dancing over here.
I can't wait to find out what happens in the Pro-Latin tonight but as I am knackered I am going to have to go to bed.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris- Thanks for the update- I understand the situation re: results. I hope other results providers are watching you and your studio's efforts in this area, because you really have an excellent feel for what online people want--quick info re: winners in comps; followed in a very reasonable amount of time by more extensive info, pics (and even some video!).

On one occasion when someone online had a (VERY MINOR) complaint re: presentation of material, I recall that Chris was very quick to respond to the issue, make some adaptations, and all the while maintain a very pleasant, friendly attitude. I don't even live in Boston, but due to chris and his studio's efforts online I've found myself getting to know his studio's dancers and following their competitions with great interest!

This is how dancesport is supported and encouraged. Thanks Chris!!