forums.danceScape.com
The Texas 'Silver' Star - Square Dance

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.dancescape.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3991089552/m/5861085704

06-16-2006, 05:37 AM
TheDancer
The Texas 'Silver' Star - Square Dance
As choreographer and AD for a show in LA - I was asked to create a square dance to fill some time.... The show was a musical version of "As You Like It" and the writers felt the show was running short - so I created The Texas 'Silver' Star but it was never performed as the show ended up running long and it was cut - but a cast member was a caller for a group in Napa Valley and asked to use the piece with his group. About 4 years later, while watching the Academy of Country Music Awards Show - a group performed the dance on National TV (1989 I think)....
I have been trying to get a copy of the call since as I gave the cast member the only copy I had... but have had no luck in finding it.... Does anyone have a copy of this dance that they could email me????? Or a copy of the Awards Show..
Growing Up in 4-H, I loved squre dancing at the county fair and my favorite was the Texas Star - so I added the 'Silver' (my sir name) so that it would have my name attached.
Ric Silver - NYCsDancer@hotmail.com
06-25-2009, 05:16 AM
peter123
Galveston Island - The Strand, the Bolivar Peninsular Ferry and Crystal Beach, Schlitterbahn Water Park, Bishop's Palace, Sea Wolf Park, Stewart Beach, Moody Gardens and IMAX, Mosquito Cafe, Pier 21 Museum on the Galveston Hurricane, The Lone Star Flight Museum, Texas Seaport Museum, Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum, & the Sea Turtle Exhibit

Hermann Park & the Mecom Fountain. Be sure to visit the Japanese Gardens in Hermann Park. One of the most romantic places in the city.

Asian Heritage Tours, 5855 Sovereign Drive. G #101. 77036, 832-858-2788, for tea tasting and herbology, Chinese calligraphy, Dim Sum, & shopping at the 30 store Hong Kong City Mall. An indoor shopping mall in SW Houston.

Clear Lake, Lake Conroe, & Lake Houston

Houston Raceway Park for drag racing!

Greyhound Race Park

Opera in the Heights

Theater Under the Stars

JPMorgan Chase Bank 60th floor Sky Hobby with an excellent view of the city.

The Saint Arnold Brewery Tours – free beer.

Brazos Bend State Park

Armand Bayou Nature Center in Pasadena has 2,500 acres with hiking trails, exhibits, field trips, Scout programs,
birding, canoe tours, & a historic farm.

The George Ranch

Penzey's (516 W. 19th St) in the Heights is a spice-lover's dream. Anyone who's been one of their catalog shoppers simply must stop in to stock up on cinnamons, curries, & other spices.

Miller Outdoor Theater (check online for performance schedule) IT'S FREE

Discovery Green & the many other parks around town. There's horse & buggy rides.

The Katy Mills Mall, the Galleria, Memorial City Mall - also, Willowbrook Mall, River Oaks Shopping Center, The Woodlands Mall, First Colony Mall, Uptown Park, First Colony Mall, West Oaks Mall, ?& many others around town

The downtown underground tunnel systemdisney movies list Non Status Mortgage

Lakewood Church - an experience - the largest church in the nation

The Art Car Museum 140 Heights Blvd. 77007 (713) 861 - 5526 - It's FREE

Holocaust Museum 5401 Caroline St.77004 (713) 942-8000 Gen. Admission is FREE

Williams Tower & Water Wall & 3 acre park great for pics & picnics. Also has horse & buggy rides.