forums.danceScape.com
Re: need a song

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.dancescape.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4111068442/m/538108572

07-02-2003, 11:32 AM
Laura
Re: need a song
That makes so much more sense, Joe. She had that POWER voice (had been called "the female Rod Stewart").
07-02-2003, 11:49 AM
twnkltoz
How about "Tie a Yellow Ribbon?"
07-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Laura
Hahhahaha.

I love it, a song about a guy asking his possibly ex-girlfriend to show whether she still wants him or not *because he's been away in PRISON* was used in "Gulf War I" to show support for troops etc etc. Personally, I think people could be more original and more sensitive to the lyrics :-)
07-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Some guy
How about "God Bless the USA"?
07-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Chris Stratton
Quote:

Hahhahaha.

I love it, a song about a guy asking his possibly ex-girlfriend to show whether she still wants him or not *because he's been away in PRISON* was used in "Gulf War I" to show support for troops etc etc. Personally, I think people could be more original and more sensitive to the lyrics :-)

Well, there's alwasy the foxtrot based on the "Le Parapluie de Cherbourg" theme... it's got it all - easy war that turns into a colonial quagmire, girlfriend who (despite the lyrics) doesn't wait, etc...

07-02-2003, 05:22 PM
90%Attitude
There ought to be something WWII-era and danceable that gets it done.

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B?
The waltz theme from The Umbrellas of Cherbourg?
The swing version of "Over There"?
Gelnn Miller's "American Patrol"?

Or even just something generally 40's that captures the mood. Doesn't have to be patriotic:

"Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree"?
Dinah Shore - "Love That Boy" Listen here:

07-02-2003, 06:21 PM
twnkltoz
Quote:

Hahhahaha.

Details.

Did you know that this tradition actually started way back in the olden days? Women would wear ribbons while their men were off to war. Each branch of service had its own color, but eventually everyone started wearing the cavalry's color of yellow.
07-02-2003, 09:39 PM
psbd
Quote:

"Holding Out For A Hero" was actually Bonnie Tyler.

Yep, that's the song that I was thinking about. Thanks Joe and Laura.....
07-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Fluffy
Quote:

Details.

Did you know that this tradition actually started way back in the olden days? Women would wear ribbons while their men were off to war. Each branch of service had its own color, but eventually everyone started wearing the cavalry's color of yellow.

My turn to laugh!! Over here yellow is the colour of cowardice!!
07-03-2003, 02:28 PM
psbd
Here too.....referring to a coward as one who has a yellow streak down his back.....