Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress not permitted to be kept by wearer Login/Join

Championship
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
What I meant by my last comment is that sometimes people start threads about personal matters like this dysfunctional dance couple because they want to stir up contraversey. And sometimes they do it just because they're upset about the situation and want/need to talk about it. Sometimes people cast their own problems as something they see someone else doing as a way of seeking advice. And sometimes they're just gossiping because they are bored.

I was just trying to get a handle on which way the original poster was going with this. Like, does he/she want advice? Does he/she just want to talk? Does he/she want suggestions as to how to convince the woman she should leave that unhealthy-sounding dance relationship? That sort of thing.
PreBronze
Picture of dragonfire
I know now that I should have made it clear, but forgot to add with my last post that that was as far as I was going to take this subject.

I apologise.

Championship
I don't think you have anything to apologize for.

I do hope that the people involved find happiness in their dancing, though.
PreBronze
Picture of dragonfire
Thanks, Laura.
I have since amended the post. Nonetheless, I have sent an e-mail to DanceScape, regarding this matter.

I too wish that this particular couple could be happy together, -just as most others are.

I'm sure that most people on this planet put happiness above all else. That's all I ever wanted in life. On the material side: all my bills paid, and £5 in my pocket would suit me fine.
On the social side, to enjoy my dancing, which I do; to enjoy my dance lessons, which I do; and trying to do well at competitions; - which thankfully, more often than not, - I also do.
As far as my performance at a competition goes, it's like this, and in this order: not to let my partner down; not to let my teacher down; and then not to let myself down. If I have pleased my partner, and my teacher, well, that's usually good enough for me.
I'm cutting this here, before the violins come out.

P.S. Take another look at my post before last.

Championship
Picture of Joe
I usually kept all my partner's ballgowns. Of course, I made them, so they technically belonged to me. Razzer
PreBronze
Picture of dragonfire
Well, if that's the case, then no-one could object.

But do they look as good on you as they did on your partner? Roll on Floor Laughing

Championship
Picture of danceScape
Hi dragonfire,
Thank you SO much for your personal email. Please do not feel you have to apologize, as we do understand there is a fine line between bringing something up for general discussion versus giving "too much" detail that someone can possibly be identified, especially on a public forum. We were just trying to help minimize any potential problems, especially when there is no bad intention meant!

Thanks as always for sharing your thoughts.

Best wishes!
PreBronze
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfire:
Well, if that's the case, then no-one could object.

But do they look as good on you as they did on your partner? Roll on Floor Laughing

Well Joe? Big Grin

Championship
Picture of Joe
Heck no.
PreBronze
Picture of dragonfire
quote:
Originally posted by Joe:
Heck no.

Well,er, I was thinking, I'm about a size 10A cup (British), and er, do you think that I could, er,... Roll Eyes