forums.danceScape.com
Why skipping is a great sport!

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.dancescape.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/512106172/m/221101772

08-17-2002, 04:08 PM
skipper17
Why skipping is a great sport!
Skipping is one of the most amazing sports! It combines to many amazing skills like dance, and gymnastics. Skipping is a lot more than little girls turning ropes. It's a great way to meet new people and travel around the world! I've toured a lot myself, and it's an amazing thing to show your talent to tons of people. It's one of the best feelings in the world. So don't make fun of my sport, because it's one of the best sports there is! [Jump]
08-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Niv1980
Hi Skipper,
If i can give you an award ,I will! Yes! Ski;ing is one of the most gruelling forms of exercises. Athletes of all sports use it as a great way of developing stamina, coordination, etc etc. Its one of the few sports that requries an extreme amount of dexterity .its very conveniniet and inexpensive. On ESPN, I saw the USA NAtional Jump Rope Championships and i was absolultely astounded!!!! The USA and several countries are developing this great sport but there is still alot of work that needs to be done. For Dancers, skipping I will recommend any day.Its great cardio and only 15 mins a day is sufficient. Great to keep you lean and ripped looking! Again,I WILL LIKE TO SEND MY REPECT TO ALL ROPE JUMPERS!
Niv
08-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Hustle Motion
As a kid I used to jump Double Dutch. I can't tell you what a high that was for me. As a dancer I find jumping takes skill in timing and coordination. So glad to hear that this sport hasn't died.
All the best.
05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Candy_grl!
hey hustle motion, wow ur from new york i live in england like niv1980! i'v never doen double dutch but would love to learn it just seems so hard. i'v heard alot about how people have competitions and skip alot in the USA but in england u do it in primary school and that's it! i think it's great and would love to try it... got any tips to learn double dutch? Bye Bye