danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Shall we DANCE?  Hop To Forums  Ballet    what are best ballet schools in world?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what are best ballet schools in world? Login/Join

<&lt;ballerina&gt;>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I'm interested in knowing what the top ballet schools or dance companies are in the united states and europe. Do you have to audition for all schools and has anyone ever had to do more than one audition, or wasn't accepted and then later accepted.
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I think that the best ballet schools in Britain are Royal Ballet School, Central Ballet School, Birmingham Royal Ballet and Scottish Ballet. However there are many other dance schools that are good but these are ballet schools. Yes, you have to audition for all of these schools but I dont know of anyone that has not got in first time and then got in at a later date.

PreBronze
Picture of SugarPlumFairy1
AIM: Online Status For pinkbuterflygwen
Royal Accademy of Dance in England, my old dance instructer would have them come every year to grade us at the end of the year and I was graded twice in my 4 years. The first year I was graded I got a good score, the second I got a pass, which is not very good, it just means you passed, my teacher felt very bad for me, that was also my last year before my "3 year break". Now shes always saying how what a wonderful dancer I was, she always has thought that esspecially becuase I was the only serious dancer, I am very qiet and shy so I basicly did everything I was told, I am still like that, I get made fun of because of my posture at school and swim team because im like a pencil. My teacher wanted me to play Clara my last year, but I could not handle the pressure, so I did not try out and I did not do nutcracker, which I was always in the Nutcracker. My teacher told me this year that Nutcracker is open to the whole county so next year I am going to try out for Combline Doll, I think it is and Snow, if I make CD it will be my first ever pointe preformance.
PreBronze
Everyone have their own opinions about companies and especially about schools. Each and every school have their own style to teach and everyone have their own way to learn.

There are many sites where you can find information about schools and companies, like www.dancecompanies.com and www.dancers.in

PreBronze
Picture of cupcake
nevermind those royal ballet academies, i think the best place you can go to learn ballet succesfully and become a prima is The Studio: School of Classical Ballet (academy of the Santa Cruz Ballet Theatre) in Santa Cruz, california. i visited it once on vacation...AAAAmaZiNG!
PreBronze

PreBronze
I will go with School of Classical Ballet as my relative is over there, so i know lot of things about this school.

quote:
Originally posted by cupcake:
nevermind those royal ballet academies, i think the best place you can go to learn ballet succesfully and become a prima is The Studio: School of Classical Ballet (academy of the Santa Cruz Ballet Theatre) in Santa Cruz, california. i visited it once on vacation...AAAAmaZiNG!
PreBronze
quote:
Royal Ballet School

I have learn from Royal Ballet School, and believe me it's the finest school we have till date for Ballet dancing.