New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bare feet en pointe? Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Just curious

Has anyone ever successfully went en pointe barefoot? For all I care, the person might have been a masochist or might have disabled herself for life... but I only want to know if it's ever been done.

Doing a presentation on ballet and its risks/dangers, so would appreciate any trivia. Thankie!
PreBronze
Picture of BalletDancer23
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I went on point barefoot. After about an hour though my pinky-toe started bleeding. Lol. But otherwise, it was fine. I couldn't stand on pionts for about 4 days though. Well, I could stand but definatly not dance.

edit: I'm sorry pinkiixbelle, pointE! I was in a rush!! A true dancer? What am I a fake dancer? And no I did not know the risk because It was like my second month!

PreBronze
First off...
A true dancer would NEVER EVER attempt to dance en pointe because they know the risk.

Secondly,
"point" is spelled "pointe"

Thirdly,
Please NEVER EVER ATTEMPT TO DANCE BAREFOOT. You could seriously injure yourself. If you try, you could hurt your ankle and damage the bones in your toes. MEANING YOU WILL NEVER DANCE EN POINTE with those feet.

Please be careful.
PreBronze
i had to dance en pointe barefoot one time and it wasnt that bad...it really isnt all that bad-yes you can damage things-but every part of dance is like that -dance however you feel comfortable dancing-sometimes its not a good idea to dance barefoot...but it wont stop you completely. now i dont mind, but protection on the toes is just all together more comfortable. Do what you feel more comfortable doing...no one can tell you how make the dancing easier and better than you...good luck!!!! Smiler

PreBronze
In Gaynor Mindens a strong dancer shouldn't have too much of a problem. It's not a great idea but if you don't have toe pads .. the inner lining of the GM shoes is foam.
PreBronze
In reality, many professionals do dance with as little as possible in their pointe shoes. To them, being able to feel the floor through the metatarsal is very important.

If ever you do fall short a toe pad, your best bet is lambs wool and/or paper towels. usually a newer pointe student hasn't developed the hard core calluses to protect their feet for barefoot pointe work. but it is however, good for training. Razzer

PreBronze
i forgot to mention, if ever you are looking for a shoe that you don't have to wear to much in, some Bloch brands have a gel pad at the toe. I do not however recommend Gaynor Mindens because, although they last long, give the relaxed foot a hooked shape.
PreBronze
Oh! Anousenka thought Gaynor Minden were the best pointe shoes out there. Is that wrongie?

♥ Anousenka ♥

PreBronze
quote:
I do not however recommend Gaynor Mindens because, although they last long, give the relaxed foot a hooked shape.

Oh, Anousenka didn't know that! Frowner Here she thought that would be the shoe for her, heehee...maybe Anousenka will try out a few different pairsies Smiler

♥ Anousenka ♥
PreBronze
not only that but has anyone else noticed that gaynors do all the work for you? i spent 3 months trying to build up strength in my feet and ankles after the same period in gaynors. i also find them really hard to roll up in. Just me?