danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Shall we DANCE?  Hop To Forums  Line Dancing    Zorba the Greek Line Dance?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zorba the Greek Line Dance? Login/Join

<&lt;Catherine&gt;>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi!

We have a dance club and do some line dancing each week. The people are asking for a new line dance called "Zorba the Greek" which I understand is done at the Gold Coast in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Could you advise where I could get the steps to this dance.

Thank you
Catherine
Championship
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I gather this is not a resurrection of the old Greek line dance that's usually done to "Never on a Sunday." Traditional stuff I might be able to help you with, I'm afraid I'm not up on the new pop stuff.

Silver
quote:
Originally posted by <Catherine>:
Hi!

We have a dance club and do some line dancing each week. The people are asking for a new line dance called "Zorba the Greek" which I understand is done at the Gold Coast in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Could you advise where I could get the steps to this dance.

Thank you
Catherine

This may not be the answer you want, but I would try watching the movie to try and get a general idea.
Silver
quote:
Originally posted by <Catherine>:
Hi!

Thank you
Catherine

Catherine,

Ok, I did a search and I found this site if this is of any help:

http://members.aol.com/oarkas/folkdances.html

<&lt;musicguy&gt;>
i know that dancelife has a cd with a song and instructions for a 'zorba the greek' song.
PreBronze
Apologies if this is something you've already done. Isn't there a Line-Dance discussion section? Surely someone on that would be able to help. [Cool]

<ira>
quote:
Originally posted by Ruth:
I gather this is not a resurrection of the old Greek line dance that's usually done to "Never on a Sunday." Traditional stuff I might be able to help you with, I'm afraid I'm not up on the new pop stuff.
<ira>
Hi Catherine,

I am the choreographer to the Line Dance "Zorba" as it is done at the "Goldcoast Ballroom". If you haven't learned it yet, I will be happy to assist you. By the way, where are you from?

Ira Weisburd
Boca Raton, Florida