danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Around the World  Hop To Forums  PHOTOS    Anyone going to the Seacoast Classic?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone going to the Seacoast Classic? Login/Join

Championship
posted
Is anyone going to the Seascoast Classic next weekend in Dover, NH? It's a fun little comp and ball at which we're doing a showcase and I'd love to have a video but we're currently camera-less. I'm hoping I can find someone willing to make a tape for us.

Thanks!

Posts: 1533 | Location: Boston area | Registered:: 03-10-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PreBronze
posted Hide Post
Supershag is going,so if we are around when you perform we shall tape it for you.Of course I do not know who you are so please come and talk to me .All the best,Chris Johnston

Posts: 189 | Registered:: 05-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Championship
posted Hide Post
I'm not going but I want to say, Ruth, good luck and have a fun time!

Posts: 3146 | Registered:: 10-05-2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Championship
posted Hide Post
That'd be great, Chris! We're dancing Saturday evening, probably just shortly before their Winter Ball starts. We're doing an open level Viennese that starts with a nineteenth century mazurka. I can't imagine there'd be any others. Wink Look for the guy with the diagonal plum-colored sash over his tailcoat and the woman with black feathers in her hair and you've found us!

Thanks for the good wishes, Laura! I really like this comp because not only is it friendly but the showcase option allows us to put together one interesting choreography playing to our strengths rather than trying to keep five dances up to snuff. And by the time we're done whipping the choreography into shape whichever dance we've chosen has gotten much better than it would have in several years of splitting our time between all five standard dances.

Here's hoping we don't blow it! Wink

Posts: 1533 | Location: Boston area | Registered:: 03-10-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

PreBronze
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ruth, as I explained we had to leave to run an event in Boston before you danced. If people want to see photos from the Seacoast Classic they can log onto www.supershag.com/gallery
All the best, Chris

Posts: 189 | Registered:: 05-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Championship
posted Hide Post
No problem. I hadn't expected any regular videotape people to be there but they were so we just had them tape us. Of course, I have yet to see myself on video tape and not think I look twenty pounds heavier than in real life! Frowner

In any case, our piece went well, not perfect, but well, and was well received too. We had a lot of fun. Hope your later event was a success!