danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Shall we DANCE?  Hop To Forums  Belly Dancing    rip-off bellydance costumes on e-bay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rip-off bellydance costumes on e-bay Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
please do not get caught out as I just did by a rogue trader. I saw a bellydance costume advertised that I liked and bought it straight away via the "buy it now" prodecure. When it arrived, it was a completely different costume - and a cheap shoddy piece of rubbish, not like the hand made quality item described.

I contacted the seller who first of all tried to argue but then agreed to take it back and refund it. I had to send it internationally, and insure it, so it was expensive to return. No refund came. The seller ignored my e-mails. I opened a dispute on Paypal, claiming the full amount of $148.85. The seller ignored it. I escalated the dispute to a claim.

Needless to say , it got worse. I lost money, and was abused and libelled by the seller. Now I want to protect other dancers from being ripped off like me.

To get the whole story, and the full details of the trader, go to
http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2006/NOV/complaint10600.cfm

And as a bonus, each time the story is read, the trader gets an e-mail to let him know. With enough viewers, he must begin to clean up his act !

Happy dancing to you all !
Persia