danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  danceScape SkyhiClub Lounge: Welcome to the Skyhi Life!  Hop To Forums  HELLO & Welcome!    Im a 13 y/o boy, I want to do dance REALLY bad, but my mom wont let me!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Im a 13 y/o boy, I want to do dance REALLY bad, but my mom wont let me! Login/Join

PreBronze
Picture of bmelverson
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I'm 13 and I REALLY want to do dance (Jazz, ballet, tap, etc.). My sisters were dancers and I can tell that dance is in our blood. I previously asked my mom to let me join a dance team, but she wouldn't let me because "it would be too girly and people would call me gay." After seeing a trailer for Newsies, I became very inspired to do dance. One day, I would love to be on Broadway, since one of my passions is also acting. My mother says that I should do guy sports like swimming and track/cross country, even though Im terrible at sports in general. I do like doing those sports, its just that I dont love, to do those sports. How can I convince my mom to let me do what I love the most? How can I make her let me live with no regrets?
PreBronze
Picture of Leon Lockheart
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Prove it to her! Keep doing what you love and you'll see, she will learn to accept you and your passion! It takes a lot of persistence.