danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Shall we DANCE?  Hop To Forums  Flamenco    I will always dance flamenco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I will always dance flamenco Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I don't know why I started Flamenco. I just saw it in MI:2 and decided to do it. I had decided to do things a hundred times before, but for some reason this was the only time I actually did it. I don't know why, I just DID. Now, I'm not a good dancer. I have no balance, poor tecnique, and I don't show emotion. But, I know that someday I will be a great dancer because I think about it when I wake up in the morning and when I go to bed at night. I hear the music and feel the moves in my body until I go to sleep. I like flamenco because it's expressive, forceful, and deeply moving. It's one of the few dances that one of the rules is to break its own rules. I can't really say in words what it is about flamenco that has its hold on me, but I hope that someday I will be able to say it with my body.
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have no doubt that you will be a great dancer one day. What might be interesting for you now is to keep an open mind, and learn as much as you can.

Did you know that there are many Flamenco movies?

For example,

Los Tarantos
Carmen
El Amor Brujo
Blood wedding
Flamenco Women
Flamenco by Carlos Saura...

Did you also know that there are a series of instructional video tape by Adrian Galia. These are the only video tapes that really talks about what matters, that is, the true difference between the different dances. Anyway, ask questions if you are interested.

Have a great day.

The Cat

quote:
Originally posted by teeheeyukyuk:
I don't know why I started Flamenco. I just saw it in MI:2 and decided to do it. I had decided to do things a hundred times before, but for some reason this was the only time I actually did it. I don't know why, I just DID. Now, I'm not a good dancer. I have no balance, poor tecnique, and I don't show emotion. But, I know that someday I will be a great dancer because I think about it when I wake up in the morning and when I go to bed at night. I hear the music and feel the moves in my body until I go to sleep. I like flamenco because it's expressive, forceful, and deeply moving. It's one of the few dances that one of the rules is to break its own rules. I can't really say in words what it is about flamenco that has its hold on me, but I hope that someday I will be able to say it with my body.