Click here for www.dancescape.com
DSI London

danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  CONNECTIONS  Hop To Forums  ProAms    Male pro-am teacher in Houston area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Male pro-am teacher in Houston area Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I would appreciate guidance on locating a good male teacher to dance pro-am with. I currently live in a small southern city and will be moving to Houston with my husband in mid-August. I've competed in several competitions with my present teacher but have put dancing on the back burner for the past couple of years since my marriage to my non-dancing sweetie. Kiss Me My areas of interest are latin, rhythm and smooth--I love to watch standard but have no desire to learn it. I'm quite tall, slim, in my early 50's (but appear much younger Redhead). I considered myself a lower-intermediate level at the time I was actively competing (silver). I'm rusty but have above-average athletic ability and musicality (I was a music major in college). I know there are many dancers in the Houston area and I would really like to hear from someone who knows this ballroom community and who might be a good match for me. Thanks in advance to anyone who might have some knowledge and advice.

Thumbs Up

JLyn
Championship
Picture of danceScape
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi JLyn,

There is a DanceScape Pro-Am member by the name of psbd whom we believe is from Houston.

If you click on the "FIND" tab near the top of this section (magnifying glass icon above), you'll see a drop-down menu "Keyword Search". Type in psbd into the search field and press enter, and it should bring up some posts from psbd.

Click on a post and then click on her name. You will then be able to send her a "Private Message". She does drop in from time-to-time but may not check this ProAm section so please try private messaging her.

There is another member named paso whom we believe is from Texas. He participated primarily in Latin (but not Pro-Am). If you do the same as above, he might be able to direct you to some relevant studios.

Hope that helps at least to start making some connections and recommendations!

------
www.dancescape.com
live, love, laugh ... DANCE!

http://www.facebook.com/dancescapetv
Like us on facebook!

PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Thanks, DanceScape! I'll follow up on your suggestions.