New
Find
Notify
Tools

healthy eating Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
"Understanding Hunger and Satiety
Hunger - one of your body's strongest and most beneficial stimuli - helps insure that you consume enough Calories for your needs. However, it also works against you when you're trying to lose weight. You could easily lose weight just by eating less, but the less that you eat or the longer you postpone eating, the hungrier you become, and the longer it takes your hunger to subside once you do begin to eat. So the hungrier you are, the more likely it is that you'll overeat, consuming extra Calories that can quickly slow or reverse your weight loss.

As you know, the only way to end hunger is to eat. Eating provides satiety - a pleasant feeling of fullness and the corresponding reduction of hunger. But did you also know that some foods are better than others for satisfying your hunger? A baked potato, for example, will probably "fill you up" much better than a serving of candy that has the same number of Calories."

For the rest of the article visit:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/fullness-factor.html

Here are some healthy snacks:
Healthy snacks:

laughing cow light cheese on celery
reduced fat string cheese
sugar free jello
low fat cottage cheese
hard boiled egg
veggies and reduced fat ranch
rye crisps w/ laughing cow cheese light and slice of tomato

stay away from juice- eat the whole fruit instead.. juice has way too much sugar

Studies have shown that foods with low glycemic indexes satisfy your hunger longer.
Championship
Picture of danceScape
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi Dancerchick24,
Thank you for your great tips and the reference to the article. That's a really good point about juices.

We also saw a television report recently that reported how it was actually a "myth" that we needed 8 to 10 glasses of "water" a day. Some people who go on fast diets think that drinking water may fill them up, but it's probably not a good way to "diet".

Some fitness club trainers that we have spoken with mentioned how we should think more about "nutritional" programs rather than calling different plans ... "diets".

Silver
Probably sportsdrinks help to boost energy since dancers practice so much and sweat a lot so it is easier to dehydrate? I've always been told drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to stay healthy.
Gold
Natural and balance food would helps any human, animals, insets and plans stays health and strong! Oh! Plus dance sports.

<Ballet.Tap.Jazz>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi Everyone! I'm glad somebody has realized the importance of actually EATING. You'd be amazed at how many dancers in the theatre program in my college starve themselves. It's scary, the lack of proper nutrition... glad to see someone is taking charge.
PreBronze
Picture of ChinaDoll
Celery!
High in fiber. It burns more calories to digest celery than the nutritional value that it provides. Add a little celery to your meal to fill you up.

I tried a celery baby cactus smoothie the other day, and I loved it! Celery tastes kind of tangy when thrown in smoothies, and makes it thicker.

PreBronze
Hi,
I would like to let you know that both Athletics Canada and the US Track & Field Associations endorse a line of health and natural products that are great to take before a workout/competition. The athletes I talked to said that their concentration and endurance were enhanced when they drank a special formula developed for muscles and fatigue. The same company has also developed a line of health products recommended to take for a weight management. I have not taken them myself but know people who did. These products contain unique nutrients that promote health as during the weight loss our body can become toxic because the poisons that are trapped in the fat cells are released into the blood stream. If you would like to receive more information on how to stay healthy, please write to my personal e-mail address jbendl@bmts.com. Happy New Year everyone! Jana
PreBronze
its just so hard for me to continually eat healthy, but im trying