Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

booty call Login/Join

Championship
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
So here is a situation. A friend of mine gave a guy she knows a booty call. They got together and had a nice time for 3 hours or so. A couple weeks later she wanted to get together with this guy again and called twice but he never called back. Why? It seems like an easy lay. I've asked male friends and female about this and each have their own interpretation. The women say it is probably because she gave off some kind of sign that she is interested in more than just sex and scared the guy. The guys say it's because men like variety. But wouldn't sex be better among people who get to know each other over time and learn how to please one another. And I am not talking about an emotional involvement here. So assuming this girl didn't give any indication she is interested in "more" than just a lay (and she really isn't interested for sure), what is up with this guy?
PreChampionship
Picture of Egoist
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by quickquickslow:
So here is a situation. A friend of mine gave a guy she knows a booty call. They got together and had a nice time for 3 hours or so. A couple weeks later she wanted to get together with this guy again and called twice but he never called back. Why? It seems like an easy lay. I've asked male friends and female about this and each have their own interpretation. The women say it is probably because she gave off some kind of sign that she is interested in more than just sex and scared the guy. The guys say it's because men like variety. But wouldn't sex be better among people who get to know each other over time and learn how to please one another. And I am not talking about an emotional involvement here. So assuming this girl didn't give any indication she is interested in "more" than just a lay (and she really isn't interested for sure), what is up with this guy?

Maybe he feels cheap and used.

Maybe your friend is fugly and he was very desperate (but not anymore!).

Maybe he recently acquired something better.

PreChampionship
Picture of 90%Attitude
Entirely possible that accepting booty calls isn't his normal MO, and he doesn't wish to pursue it. Also possible he has taken up a more serious interest in someone else since then. Doesn't have to have anything whatsoever to do with your friend. And if it does, then she's chasing entirely the wrong rabbit anyway - total and absolute waste of time and energy to want someone who doesn't want right back and just as much.

And yes, I know I can say this until I turn blue and pass out. My single friends seem to just insist on all this self-inflicted suffering. God alone knows why. They are all attractive people who deserve far better than that. Now, if I can only convince myself not to suffer over watching them suffer, I'll probably REALLY know something!

My 2 cents for today,
Mother Attitude
Championship
quote:
Originally posted by Egoist:
[QUOTE]Maybe he feels cheap and used.

Maybe your friend is fugly and he was very desperate (but not anymore!).

Ah, I forgot men have feelings too. Oversight on my part. Although I know he is a player and I doubt he felt used. However, it's very likely he found my friend "fugly" and got someone else since.

And Attitude - my friend isn't pursuing him anymore. She wants a sure thing [Wink]

Championship
Booty calls are tricky in that if you have more than one before he's nearly forgotten about the last one, some guys will start to think you want a relationship.
Championship
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Booty calls are tricky in that if you have more than one before he's nearly forgotten about the last one, some guys will start to think you want a relationship.

Good point. How far apart should booty calls be then?

PreChampionship
Well, there's really no way for anyone to know but him. Could be any of the the things already mentioned, but it could be that he's mad because it took her so long to call him again, or maybe he thinks she's too easy and therefore not girlfriend-worthy. Relationships that start with a booty call generally have a bad track record. Not to say that they can't work, but they don't have as good a chance.
Championship
Good question! It's been so long since I've done that sort of thing (uh, 10 years?) that I'm not really a good source of advice any more. The last booty call I answered, it soon turned into something else and now we've been married for over seven years! [Big Grin]

Championship
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
The last booty call I answered, it soon turned into something else and now we've been married for over seven years! [Big Grin]

Wow, that's one productive booty call.

I just thought of something else. Since this guy is a player I doubt he was interested in my friend as girlfriend. However, he probably didn't like to be treated the way HE treats other women. I've noticed players tend to go for the types with sincere emotional feelings for them. They chew these girls up and spit them out. Maybe he didn't like to be on the other side.
PreChampionship
In which case, QQS, he got what he deserved! Not that he's likely to learn from it. [Wink]