forums.danceScape.com
Why are all the talented dancers partnerless?

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.dancescape.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/221106172/m/8681016591

12-30-2004, 05:18 PM
tanechka
Why are all the talented dancers partnerless?
His parents are high class professionals too. Very good teachers and owners of the atudio in Moscow. Do you really think that he has a problem to find parner? He is very good dancer, especially in latin, young, very good looking. People say that he is exremely good teacher and very polite. Kids love him. May be everything is not as simple as you think? So it is better to stay away from somebody else business.
12-30-2004, 05:35 PM
dancingkid
quote:
Originally posted by tanechka:
His parents are high class professionals too. young, very good looking. People say that he is exremely good teacher and very polite. Kids love him. So it is better to stay away from somebody else business.

I am an old man and I love to stick my nose in everybody's business. First of all there is no high class of people and low calss of people. There is only one class: People. This notion of high and low was an obsolete idea and we got rid of it when they got rid of Zahr Nichloi in Siberia. I am good looking, great teacher, polite and kids love me, but I had not have a partner for 30 years of dancing because no one had helped me. A barber can't cut his own hair.
12-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Rugby
I take lessons from this young man and he is very talented. The unfortunate thing up here is that there really isn't anyone around that I know of that he could compete with. Possibly in Montreal but not in Ontario. I may be wrong but gold level up and the pickings are sparse for both men and women, let alone pros. I don't think Non-Dancing-Studio-Owner should be patronized because he(?) cares enough about someone that he feels that this young man deserves a partner. I am not from Toronto but I understand his frustration at the situation that so many good dancers go by the wayside, or don't get to compete, as there is a lack of partners and/or money. I rode at the top levels in dressage and saw many talented people leave due to the same reason ( of course the partner was a horse ). Its not that I expect anybody to do "something about it" but its a sad reality and one wants to vent their frustration about it. Studio is not bitching at us but with us at the injustice in some sports. It may not be our best riders that go to the top but the wealthiest or more fortunate ones, and I have noticed that the same seems to hold true in dancing. This holds the sport back but without funding we shall probably never see the true potential of what can be produced. Studio knows this and it hurts them to see someone they know and care about go through it. Finding a partner may mean he has to leave the province or country which again takes the talent away from the homefront. Okay enough of the soapbox from me but I understand the situation up here where Studio is coming from.
12-30-2004, 07:35 PM
tanechka
quote:
Originally posted by dancingkid:
[QUOTE A barber can't cut his own hair.

Nicole Cutler is still looking for a partner. Not so sure about Serena Lecca. It is possible to ask Hanna Kaarttunen.
12-31-2004, 01:32 AM
Motown Man
Nicole Cutler is still looking for a partner. Not so sure about Serena Lecca. It is possible to ask Hanna Kaarttunen.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's too bad several great Pro ladies are partnerless. I feel bad too for all the good Pro Am ladies & gentlemen like Ashlenn Ambanta, Natalka, David Oliveri (just to name a few) who also deserve partners but with all the challenges as you all mentioned, it's hard to get the ball rolling! I think if more men were willing to move for the ladies, it would really make a difference! I mean, there are plenty of young ladies who'd dance with David if he'd move. I had to move for my partner years ago. I was willing to because I think it was the gentlemanly thing to do.
12-31-2004, 05:22 AM
Fluffy
There are some great ballroom dancers currently without partners as well...
I'd just be uncomfortable advertising on someone's behalf without their knowledge or say so. I've put many dancers in touch with others looking for partners, but never without their permission. Sometimes it's worked, others not, in fact, two friends are arranging to try out right now Smiler

Networking is a good way to put feelers out, I agree, but I think it has to be initiated from the individual concerned or there could be some awkward situations.
12-31-2004, 10:35 AM
dancingkid
quote:
So it is better to stay away from somebody else business.

If this is true, why are we trying to help Tsunami vicitms? Had human race taken your stance, we would be still in stone age.
12-31-2004, 10:41 AM
dancingkid
quote:
His parents are high class professionals too. Very good teachers and owners of the atudio in Moscow.

I have this long standing question for you: Why Russian dancers and those from Soviet dominant East European countries dominate dance world? good looks? hard work? gene? When I was a tennis players many decades ago , it was those Australians - Lew Hoad, Fred Stolle, Ken Rosewall, Rod Laver, John Newcomb, Roy Emerson -who blcoked me from winning any championship. Now it's all Russians who block me from winning any dance championship. I cannot win in anything. What's Russian secret? No dancers go to Moscow for serious training. They go to Englanmd.
12-31-2004, 11:26 AM
tanechka
I have an answer for you, just I have to leave now, will be back soon. It will be pretty long letter because many factors are involved
12-31-2004, 11:33 AM
tanechka
quote:
Originally posted by dancingkid:
quote:
So it is better to stay away from somebody else business.

If this is true, why are we trying to help Tsunami vicitms? Had human race taken your stance, we would be still in stone age.

You have an interesting ability and I don't know haw you communicate with people: you used to take sentense out of it's contest and oppose it. What I wrote about intefering in somebody's else business was only about this particular case, because I don't believe that it is hard for this guy to find the partner - his parent can supply him with a dozen of really good girl. Andyou, my dear and sweet friend whom I like so much critisize me about completely different issues. Anyways I like you very much and wish you all the best in coming year. Smiler