Click here for www.dancescape.com
danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  MUSIC for the Soul  Hop To Forums  Classical    Do you like Vocal or Instrumental Music?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you like Vocal or Instrumental Music? Login/Join

PreBronze
Picture of Angelo
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Quote:

I'd appreciate it if anyone'd help me identifying the following Bolero/Rumba songs:
(1) The song Michael Wentink/Beata used in 2001 World Super Star Latin;

Only Time by Enya. The other songs, I have no idea
PreChampionship
Thank you a million. Yes, Only Time by Enya is the music I've been searching for all over the places. I sampled it at Amazon. You're one of the nicest persons I met in this website.

PreChampionship
Quote:

I have some perfect places for you to go: studios in NY and NJ where many Chineses go. They play Tangoes and Rumbas in a language I have no foggiest idea about. The musics are, however, so beautiful that you'll have no problem to dance to, which make me beleive that dance is truly an international Language.

If I ever go there, I'll ask you where to find these places
PreChampionship
I am happy to say that I found "Time to Say Goodbye" in Rumba/Bolero beat and, to me, it is excellen. It's in Klaus Hallen's "Famous Sport Melodies." I also found Dicitencelo (Just Say I Love Her) with little background music and a music editor is trying to overlay Rumba/Bolero beat onto it.

PreBronze
Picture of Telemark
Quote:

"at least sung in a language I don't understand!"

I have some perfect places for you to go: studios in NY and NJ where many Chineses go. They play Tangoes and Rumbas in a language I have no foggiest idea about. The musics are, however, so beautiful that you'll have no problem to dance to, which make me beleive that dance is truly an international Language.

Where those NJ and NY dancing studios lacated?
I like to go those place with my dance friends one day.
PreChampionship
NY: Universal ballroom Dance Studio
134-12 35th Ave Flushing, N718-661-3368

NJ: Sunday Tea Dance (1:30 -5:30 pm) Starlight Dance Studio
7 High Street, Nutley, NJ

PreChampionship
Does anyone know where i can buy Schubert's Ave Maria in vocal in Waltz beats. I know it exists because I saw Cly Phillips having a showcase on that music at the last Christmas Party at Dance New York. I've gone to hell and heaven to find it at no avail.
Gold
Picture of Dronak
Generally I like both. Tempo changes are the main thing I don't like in music for dancing. It's nice to listen to, but can be hard to dance to. Vocals and instrumentals are both fine with me. Vocals can help give the song a bit more feeling and emotion, as I think was already noted, which is nice. But if the singer starts improvising with the melody and syncopating things, it can become a little arder to find the beat. Normally there's no problem finding and keeping the beat in instrumentals, but they sometimes lack the feeling a singer can add with the lyrics to a song. So I guess in general as long as the song doesn't make it hard to find and keep the beat, it's fine with me.

PreBronze
I love dancing to vocal music by great singers. There are some Sinatra and Nat Cole foxtrots that are just right in the pocket, as musicians say, for dancing international style, and it definitely is inspiring. Some days when I just don't feel like practicing, if sinatra comes on singing nice n' easy, my mood changes immediately and suddenly I'm into it.

In standard, though, I think there's been too much instrumental music in strict time that's just bland, though obviously it can be good for practicing with. But, at the risk of sounding too much like a traditionalist, the instrumental music I like best are the Blackpool CDs with ol' Irwin Tisdale. Maybe it's just because when I hear those CDs with those distinctive arrangements, I think I'm there, or I'm watching a great Blackpool video. Those instrumentals work for me the way few others do.
PreBronze
For Latin I prefer music with latin vocals which makes the music more effective as the voice adds depth and soul ... I find much instrumental-only music boring, esp. for Latin...