danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  MUSIC for the Soul  Hop To Forums  Ballroom & Big Band    Looking for Tangos (the Sm/St kind, not Arg)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Tangos (the Sm/St kind, not Arg) Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
hi,

i want to hear from you guys what are some of the best (possibly even rarely heard!) orchestrated tangos you know. I bet most of you know the popular ones like Ecstacy and Cumparsita, but I'm hoping to hear a few new ones.
to start it off, i'll say that one of my favorite ones has to be The Tango Project's version of "por una cabeza" which was that great tango Arnold Schwartzenneger and Tia Carrere danced to in the movie "true lies" a while back.
so... any takers?

btw, has anyone ever heard or have the song, "tango of fire" by gunther norris[?]. ive been looking for that song for a while now, having heard it at a collegiate comp some time back? thanks

fTK
Championship
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
My favorite is called "Queen of the Night."

PreBronze
My favorite is Libertango, by Piazzola. YoYo Ma cut an awesome version of it. Yes it is an Argentine tango, but it is also used at the occasional comp. We use it at our studio alot. Check out the soundtrack to the movie Tango by Carlos Saura too. Again argentine, but with a huge variety and a very interesting percussion tango, reminiscent of Samba drums that was popular a few years back. Very danceable as a smooth tango.
Silver
Picture of pasox2
Ole Guapa
Tango Classico
Tango Algentino
Tango Eljana
Sombras
Serenata
Blue Tango
Buenos Aires
Ecstasy
La Cump

PreBronze
I found an interesting tango artist who seems to write new tangos and record them, unfortunately he puts them on places like YouTube but only uses other people’s films....like “Take the Lead” and “Shall we dance” and others...so we don't see him perform them. His website is at www.egriega.com. My favourite song of his is My Temptation and some of his songs are there and on You Tube and other sites