danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  danceScape SkyhiClub Lounge: Welcome to the Skyhi Life!  Hop To Forums  FASHION    The Dress Project -- Step-by-Step Latin Dress Construction
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Dress Project -- Step-by-Step Latin Dress Construction Login/Join

Championship
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
This was going to be a thread where I did a step-by-step explanation, with photographs, of how I'm (trying) to make a Latin dress. This was to be the companion to my description of how to make a Standard dress that I wrote last year.

Unfortunately I've got a TON of sewing to do this month so I just got very far ahead and didn't take the time to photograph the intermediate steps so I could write about them later...I promise that the next time I make a Latin outfit I'll do the full write-up!
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Wow! What a fantastic dress! Aside from the fact that I'm a little biased because purple is my favorite color , it's also a great design. Very sexy but still quite classy. I hope we'll get to see some action shots once it's in use!

Silver
Laura,

I actually made a latin dress by interpolating your instructions for a standard gown with my ideas and with what I had seen done for me (by others) in the past.

The dress turned out pretty well (it's the one I was wearing at the Western Regional) and I couldn't have done it without your guidance!

Sania

P. S. I am looking forward very much to seeing this new documentation project.
Championship
Oooh, I love pics. Thanks for posting. This dress looks so elegant. I can see just about anyone looking good in it. I bet the skirt has nice movement and I like the black curves design on the purple fabric.

Championship
Thanks. The fabric was quite a find. I saw it online and bought 3 yards of it with no idea what I'd do with it. Then my friend saw it a couple of weeks ago in my fabric pile (it had been sitting there for at least a year) and all of a sudden the idea for the skirt came to her. And then I thought of how to do the rest, it's based on another outfit that I'm working on for her.

I'm so relieved this is done. I only have four more to finish :-) Thank god two of them are men's shirts, which go really fast. This one took me about 13 1/2 hours of work, spread out over 5 days.
PreChampionship
Picture of Chris UK
Laura,
The dress looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Oh and as a silly, I have just found the fabric that I bought in the US last time. The dress that you have posted has given me an idea of how to use this fabric....

Chris

PreChampionship
Laura,
Well done on the dress, it is classy and elegant
I wish I managed to find fabrics like that!
<ShannonH>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Laura, that dress is just wonderful!!!! Great job!!!! Makes me want to try my own hand at making things someday soon.

PreChampionship
Laura,
How is the latin dress coming on? I look forward to reading all about it. It's very kind of you to take the time to share it with us
Championship
I am so sorry everyone...I've been on such a tight schedule (5 costumes to make between when I first posted and July 24) that I just didn't take the time. I should have taken the pictures as I was going so I could write it up later, but I couldn't even take the time to find my digital camera. Oh, I know this is a lame excuse, especially since the dresses are coming out decenty for once. Sigh!!!