danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Shall we DANCE?  Hop To Forums  Argentine Tango    What's Wrong with our (Los Angeles' ) tango? (interesting article and thoughts)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's Wrong with our (Los Angeles' ) tango? (interesting article and thoughts) Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Tonight, I have just finished an "authentic" tango lesson, and I came home to do a websearch on tango for clothes and music, and I stumbled across this interesting article:

What's Wrong with our tango
http://www.torontotango.com/opinions/linda.htm

What I got out of it is that there are a lot of imposters out there. I'm glad that my teacher presented an Argentinian excursion in September or I would have doubted him myself.

I study in Pasadena, and this is my teacher's website:

http://www.geocities.com/tango1543/
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Don't put too much wieght in Linda's view of tango. Clearly someone who claims expertise on the tango by stating they have been to argentina 9 times is missing the point. There are a lot of good and bad teachers out there. Tango has evolved into many forms with none being the "right" tango or "false" tango.
Smiler

PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Sorry, i disagree. Yes there is a "right" tango and that is the tango that is danced in Argentina.