Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rock n roll Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have never taken part in rock n roll dancing but have seen it on the tv, has anyone done it before. It looks so much fun.
<&lt;Erin&gt;>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have also naver done rock n roll dancing before but would be interested in having a go. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

PreChampionship
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I saw it at a ballroom comp once, which I found surprising. Looked a lot like swing.
Silver
Rock and Roll dancing...I would like to see this...what kind of music do they dance to...Rock and Roll?? Seriously, what kind of 'rock and roll'??? I am a rocker from way back, but don't know what kind of rock we are talking about here!

PreChampionship
I don't know...rock n roll! [Smile] Like what you would do ec swing to. Not hard rock, not soft rock...just right rock?
PreChampionship
It depends on the type of competition, but if it's one that's based on the original form of rock and roll, then the 1950's style of music is used.

I'm going to a convention in early November, where there's a rolland roll (jive) competition, and that will definitely be danced to 1950's music. Hey that's the only kind of music that I'll be hearing all weekend [Smile]

Chris

PreBronze
hi every one! i'm only 14 but i love to rock and roll dance! i'm from england and there my parntner and i are yorkshire champions. i am also a very keen disco dancer and am a championship dancer for disco freestyle and pairs. you do rock and roll to music like that song that goes shake rattle n roll! [Grumpy] [Grumpy] [Grumpy]