Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new to ballet Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
hey, i'm fifteen and have only done 1 year training in ballet like seven years ago. I wish i had started earlier but i have kept on moving around a lot. Anyways, i would like to take ballet up again but i am not that flexible and have recently broken my ankle. my ankle has healed but is it stupid for me to start ballet??
please help me and give me advice... none of my family or friends is supporting me in this? any ballet experts willing to give me their opinion?
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Ballet is a specific academic dance form and technique which is taught in ballet schools according to specific methods. There are lots and lots of dance academies where you can learn these types of dance.

ballroom and latin teachers who have some experience with ballet can also teach you the steps. There are websites which provides great resource on this subject.

----------------------------------------http://www.jordanandlia.com/

PreBronze
ballet is awesome. I'm a guy and have fallen in love with the style. The only thing is that the style is extreme, and so is the technique. I've have been going to the gym every day for 2 hr for a year before starting, and I still wasn't strong or flexible enough. If you are an adult I would highly suggest lifting to build up body. You've got to work hard to accomplish it, but it is very doable.
PreBronze
Ballet is the oldest and a classic form of dance. Ballet dancing originated in French court.

PreBronze
hi im doing a study on the effects of ballet and i was wondering if anyone more experienced in this art form could possibly provide a few quick pros and cons of taking ballet classes constantly. any information you have is helpful thank you Smiler