Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bare feet en pointe? Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
No there is a reason that dancers on pointe waer shoes to go up on the top of the toe. It is mandatory to have a boxed shoe that is tied tightly on the foot for support. A dancer would injure themselves badly if this was done.
PreBronze
i did my first class and 4 of my toes starting bleeding and my big toe hurt extremely bad i now have ouch pouches

PreBronze
I prefer ouch pouches as well.
PreBronze
Picture of SugarPlumFairy1
AIM: Online Status For pinkbuterflygwen
quote:
Originally posted by MelanieC:
i did my first class and 4 of my toes starting bleeding and my big toe hurt extremely bad i now have ouch pouches

you say your littler toes bled, do you have even toes or un-even? im just wondering if they bled because you dont have a tapered toe. if not do all of the different kinds of shaped toes bleed no matter even or un even?

PreBronze
Picture of Lulie
I remember I always used to do that as a younger child. But I would never do it now that I know what it can do to my feet. I have pointe shoes for that. My ballet teacher, when she was in college, one of her teachers used to do it often apparently, even though she was like 70. I guess because she had been training all her life, she was strong enough to do it. But I'm not about to start trying again any time soon.
PreBronze
AIM: Online Status For kiwiberrytwist28@aim.com
im posting this based on the original post,

when ballerina Marie Taglioni became the first dancer to go en pointe there was no such thing as pointe shoes. It was later when Russia's dancers started competing with the french that the pointe shoe was born. Although it is dangerous and highly unrecommended it is quite possible to dance en pointe barefoot, and has been done in the past.

hopes this helps answer your question Wink

PreBronze
Actually, Taglioni did have ballet slippers that she had "darned" the tips of the toes to give her a little bit of a flatter surface to stand on and she didn't stay up for very long like we do on releve' now. She only went "through" the point to give the illusion of being ethereal and light.