Click here for www.dancescape.com
DSI London

danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  CONNECTIONS  Hop To Forums  Dance Stars Fan Clubs    Bob Powers and Julia Gorchakova
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob Powers and Julia Gorchakova Login/Join

Championship
Picture of DanceScape Admin
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Leave a message for Bob and Julia. You never know when they might just drop in!
PreBronze
Picture of Nancy2
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have all of your technique tapes and they have really helped me. I would love to see you dance in person. Do you know what competitions you are going to be doing the rest of this year?

PreBronze
quote:
Originally posted by EMILY:
I have all of your technique tapes and they have really helped me. I would love to see you dance in person. Do you know what competitions you are going to be doing the rest of this year?

We are not sure. We have been working extremely hard on our dancing and our conditioning. We have been invited to dance in Blackpool for the exhibition championships, so we will do that for sure. It is refreshing to hear
nice comments on here. I was following Kimberley's comments the other day and I think she came out with out a scrtach. Well done! It's no easy task. I hear Emerald is enormous and could be the biggest comp of the year. Who knows? Anyway we appreciate your kind words and wish you all the best with your dancing.

Sincerely

Bob & Julia

PreBronze
Hi Bob and Julia,

I missed seeing you at Heritage this year and was wondering why you were not there? Will you be there next year? It's about my only chance to see you in person. I saw you last year and thought you were great. I loved the way you interacted with the audience.

Cindy

PreBronze
Picture of Nancy2
Hi Bob and Julia,

I have been taking lessons for a year and from the beginning, I have loved technique. I am lucky because my teacher is very technique oriented. After a few months of lessons, I ordered all of your technique tapes and have them practically memorized. They have been a wonderful supplement to my lessons and my teacher has been great about telling me which techniques I can use now and which ones I need more of a foundation for first.

When you decide which comps you are going to attend in the U.S., will you please, please, please post it here? I too would love to see you dance in person and was disappointed that you weren't at Heritage. I have the tapes of the last three years of the US Open Championships in Miami (I think that is what they are called) and I love watching the two of you dance. You are FANTASTIC!!!!!

PreBronze
Hi Bob and Julia---You guys are one of my favorite couples, however, I haven't seen you lately on TV. Do you have a website? Hope to see you two dancing on TV pretty soon. They show dance contests on Tuesday and Thursday nites here. Are you still competing? Bye for now! Susan

PreBronze
Hi!

I've just started dancing/teaching, but my boyfriend/partner has been at it for awhile and LOVES you both! You are his favorite couple! Is there anyway he can meet you somehow? Are you competing soon/having a demonstration/dance camp/ect? We both have busy schedules, but he would just DIE to meet and learn from you both! Thanks

PreChampionship
This is a pretty old topic, but I thought I'd bump it up to see what you two are up to! I took a lesson from each of you when you were in Sacramento last year, and it was just great. Do you have plans to be in the area again any time soon?

PreBronze
Hi Bob and Julia,
You're the BEST!!!Hope to be half as good as you guys one day!!! Even at this stage in your career, its awesome since you all are still unbeaten and i cant see any couple comign as close to your successes. Are you both still trained by Rick Valenzuela and James and Janna Kuntiz? [Smile] I got a couple tapes of you all at some of the 1998 Rhythm competitions and to me, picture lines you all create simply steal the show. My fav was the East vs West Match held in New York.EVen though Rhythm isnt done in UK ( rarely) it will be so great if you all can coem over and do a few workshops.I do the Int'l LAtin but one day hope to come over to USA to learn Rhythm as well I knwo you all will be coming to Trinidad on the 14th of Sept for a Latin showcase.I am totally looking forward to this because its probably the first time a couple of your calibre has visited and it wiill be great to meet you both. I reckon you all are training very hard and buildign up alto of endurance for Blackpool in Nov. All the very best in the future!
PreBronze
"Hi Bob & Julia."
"We missed you at this year's Emerald Ball. An American-Rhythm Open-Pro Championship isn't quite as exciting with only Michael & Suzie as the top couple to beat."
"Maybe we'll see you and Julia this December at the Holiday DanceSports Classic in Las Vegas."
"Las Vegas is very pleasant in December."
"Best Wishes." [Cheers]