danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  MUSIC for the Soul  Hop To Forums  Ballroom & Big Band    Bring Standard Music into the 21st Century
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bring Standard Music into the 21st Century Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
A detailed ballroom music database may be found at www.starstudios.com.au

There aren't many reviews as yet, but details like album title and tempo and track length are given.

It's a commercial site - but since they don't sell anything over the web, and you don't have many Australian readers, maybe the URL can stay for a little while [Smile]
Kate
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Foxtrots, foxtrots, foxtrots...any Ella Fitzgerald CD has about 90% foxtrot...granted, half of them take about a minute to get going, and she's a bit old, but they have a great swinging feel to them.
Newer artists include Michael Buble (Fever is fantastic...so hot! And Summer Wind, Come Fly With Me, I've Got You Under My Skin...) His albums also have a few other dances as well, so they're a good buy.
Matt Dusk has a few on his album, Back In Town (The Best Is Yet To Come, Learnin' the Blues, On the Street Where You Live) and he's got a few quicksteps, rumbas, etc. to his name. And it's all great music, too.
Also, check out Manhattan Transfer--also a bit old, but it's a vocal-jazz group, not a cappella but similar style to a cappella ensembles. Very humourous vocal techniques in some songs.
Hope everyone finds what they're looking for!