danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Shall we DANCE?  Hop To Forums  Hustle and Disco    Hustle Dancers- Are Ya Out There?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hustle Dancers- Are Ya Out There? Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Calling all folks who love Hustle, are you out there, make your presence known!

Fave tunes?

Fave dance spots?

Fave moves?

Comments?

Fave Dancers?

Gold
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
My name is PSBD, and I'm a hustle dancer.

I admit it, I love hustle , unfortunately, my coach does not so I don't get to very often. I started hustle dancing in the early days of disco (please don't do the math!) at a 2001 Club (just like in Saturday Night Fever - still one of my favorite movies). It was part of my competitive rhythm's when I was bronze but now that I'm silver we concentrate on the main 5 dances. Don't really have favorite songs, except maybe McArthur Park, just anything BeeGee's, Donna Summer, etc.

Around here when a hustle is played everyone trys to do w.c. swing to it, there are very few that recognize it for what it is.

Championship
Quote:

Around here when a hustle is played everyone trys to do w.c. swing to it, there are very few that recognize it for what it is.

That's because many WCS dancers dance it to any kind of music. Even waltz.
Gold
You are right! Also met some "Lindy Wannabe's" on vacation last year that tried to dance lindy to everything.

PreBronze
May as well file that one under pet peeves.

Silver
Took a 6 week long class in Hustle a few years ago at a local studio and really enjoyed it. I haven't done much since not much Hustle music is played the dances here as of late. I would like to and will do more though since I do like the music a lot.

Silver
Hi Ghostdancer, here in NY NJ area there are lots of places that offer Hustle- The in thing these days are a mix of Hustle WCSwing and Salsa, with thge music for the fist two being interchangeable in many songs. We are out here