danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  danceScape SkyhiClub Lounge: Welcome to the Skyhi Life!  Hop To Forums  FASHION    The Dress Project -- Step-by-Step Ballgown Construction
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Dress Project -- Step-by-Step Ballgown Construction Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
My client just called and said for the most part the instructors liked the dresses. They loved the Latin one especially. The only problem was too tight (duh) it needs to be let out in the corset about 2 inches so that the skin in back doesn't fold over and arms don't over flow on top of dress. I think I can do this by just adding a godet into the corset down a few inches but not in the waist, they liked the long smooth line.
The smooth dance dress was good too,except was too tight in chest area that to I can let out on the inside the dress it self will work the way it is . I think it would of been fine from the get go if she would of let me do the fitting. But oh well. They didn't mind the length, it flows so smoothly they said it was fine. She had me cut out the chest area and the back areas andI don't think they are real impressed with this. She did finally get a definition on what matronly was. It is where the bustline of dress flows into the waist and no definite break( think princess lines here) Next dress will be a modified empire waist with princes line skirt I think. She is already talking about next one Smiler
Thank you for helping me and walking me through
Kelley
Championship
$4000 for a dress to dance Pro/Am at a Fred Astaire comp in? No freakin' way. And besides, people can buy BRAND NEW Chrisanne dresses (top UK-based ballroom designer) for less than that. I'm glad your client found you too!

It's funny that she thinks princess-seamed dresses are "matronly." They've been very much in style for a number of years in the ballroom world, but the trend is starting to turn back toward dresses with actual waist lines. Well, to each their own. I find the whole thing about how the dress is/was fitted around the bust to be very very amusing.

Good luck with the next dress. It's a good sign that she's already talking about one. Smiler

Championship
Picture of danceScape
Hi Kelley,
Congratulations on your dress. Would you be able to email us at info@dancescape.com a photo so that we can post for everyone to share. It is always so cool to be able to see everyone's work.

Also, if you happen to have a photo of yourself, that would be great as well so that we can include you in the DanceScape Dance Family Photo Album.

Best regards!
Championship
quote:
Originally posted by DancingJools:
Yikes. I just ordered some rhinestones and am suffering from big time sticker shock. Prices have gone through the roof (actually, the dollar has sunk through the floor).
Interestingly enough, this makes used (and rental) costumes quite attractive. Never thought I'd actually say that.

check your pm

Gold
Picture of DancingJools
Hey QQS. Yeah, I know the pm notification hasn't been working for a while, so I figured. I myself missed a couple of pm's for about a month.
(BTW - you migh see me some time in the near future Eeker Eeker Your studio wants my teacher to come over and give lessons from time to time, and he thinks that, as long as he's in town, I might as well take my lesson in Boston instead of trekking to NYC. We'll see.)

Jools
PreBronze
You're doing such beautiful work! Have you thought about accesorizing with a flower anklet? I found an example of one...
http://www.howvids.com/Fashion/Flower_Anklet.ad2

PreBronze
very good!!nice
PreBronze
OMG this is so helpful. I usually don't know how to proceed after taking measurements, so the step-by-step instructions really helped me.

PreBronze
Picture of Anne Fletcher
That’s really awesome, Lots of changes has been made which are pretty good.