danceScape.com    forums.danceScape.com    Forums - Live, Love, Laugh ... Dance!  Hop To Forum Categories  Shall we DANCE?  Hop To Forums  Tap    N.Y.C ,and drop in classes??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

N.Y.C ,and drop in classes?? Login/Join

PreBronze
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I live out of state but, I am plaining a trip to New York city, and I would like to take a drop in class. Dose anyone know where I can do so??
I am a beginner student 2 years of tap. I also love ballet ,and jazz too!

If anyone comes to Dallas- Fort Worth area I can tall you where to take drop in classes!
Thank you!
Kim
PreBronze
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi Kim, Broadway Dance Center is the place to go (West 57th & Broadway directly above the Hard Rock Cafe). They train actual Broadway dancers, music video dancers, etc., and they are very welcoming of dropins from every corner of the earth practically. The fee is $13.50/class (1-1/2 hours). They have jazz, tap, ballet, hip-hop, pilates, bellydance and voice classes. You'll be sure to find someone there. Be forewarned, all five floors are extremely crowded, as this is the place to be, but everyone is very friendly. They have a website, just type the name with no space and add .com at the end.

There is also another studio Manhattan Motion (West 76th & Broadway), it is a much smaller studio. They also have a website, just type the first two words of the name with no spaces then .com at the end.

Honestly, I consider Manhattan the dance mecca of the world. There are plenty of places to go, these are just two.

Good luck and have fun in the Big Apple!